Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Another (Week) Bites the Dust!

Hey y'all!

I'm missing my country music a lot more than usual today so I figured I'd bring out what little bit of hick I have in me and throw it all out on the table. How'd I do?

Anywho, my emails are always insanely long, so I apologize for that, but missionary life is so full of crazy and great moments that I want to tell them all! Plus, I'm a talker and anyone that knows me knows that I can't shut up in any language I speak.

Here goes nothing!

Monday:
We finally went on the district hike that we've been wanting to do for a couple of months now! It was so fun! Pictures will definitely be coming from that!

Ryann got baptized! Oh my goodness! It was so great! I love her and I love seeing people make the choice to follow Christ! Missionary work is so great and people who are prepared make it even greater! My goodness, Monday was just fantastic!

Tuesday:
I extended my first baptismal invitation and our investigator said yes!

So, we started teaching a man named Patrick. He's friends with one of the less-active members who I absolutely love! Anyway, he wanted to sit in on our lesson with Sister Paradis and he ended up going on lds.org and Mormon.org before we got there and was super interested in the gospel and what we had to say! We taught about the restoration a little bit and read "Come, Join With Us" and he loves it and wants to get baptized! Oh my goodness! I'm so excited!

We were just super successful on Tuesday and it was awesome!

We met a less active who said she'd come to church and I'm understanding o livro de mórmon again! Tuesday was pretty fantastic!

Wednesday:
District meeting was great and I taught part of the lesson. It was pretty cool!

We also had a really good lesson with Nancy and we finally met with one of the less-actives that we've been trying to see forever! Success!

Thursday:
We met with Patrick and Sister Paradis again! I love them!

There's such a great feeling when two missionaries are able to not only teach together really well, but are able to teach with the Spirit. There is absolutely no way that lessons would go as well if the companionship was not in tune with the Spirit. I remember at the MTC we were talking about the times when lessons don't go the way they should or the way we want them to. More often than not, the times lessons flop are when the Spirit cannot dwell within the companionship. I have been so blessed to have had three companions, so far, who make it so easy to invite the Spirit. Sister Aston and I were basically the dynamic duo and there was never a reason for the Spirit to not be there. We got along and were probably the most united companionship I will ever be in. Sister Davis was so obedient and taught me why it's so important to be exactly obedient. "Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles." With a companion like that, there's no way the Spirit can't dwell there. Sister Craig is great! She knows how to be a fun, yet serious, missionary. We really do get along and it makes our teaching flow so smoothly. I truly am blessed.

Friday:
A cute, old couple gave us ice cream. It was the highlight of my day because my nose almost fell off. They were a tender mercy for sure!

Saturday:
Happy birthday Laura and Amber! Love you both!

We went to a town in our area called Cornville. It's as boonie and redneck as it sounds. Welcome to Maine!

I love the young women in this ward! They're so great and I just love them so much! They paid us a surprise visit on Saturday to tell us about a missionary moment they had and I about died laughing! I was proud of them, but I died laughing!

We taught Aaron! It was so awkward because we accidentally showed up an hour early and that was just really uncomfortable. We gave a whole new meaning to "early is on time, and on time is late." Guess it's a good thing he didn't have plans before us!

Sunday:
Happy Father's Day!

Sunday was a really weird day! I've been having a lot of those lately.

Highlights were basically getting to take the sacrament, lunch with the Blooms, and getting an unexpected nap.

So there's my week!

Love you all, and hopefully these emails don't bore you to tears!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! My visa came through and I'm leaving for Brazil on July 7!

Anyway, have a great week!

Amo sempre,
Sister McEldowney




No comments:

Post a Comment