Thursday, June 18, 2015

Time is Going Too Fast!

Alright, so I have basically no time today! Por causa de esse, y'all are getting a very abbreviated version of my week.

Monday:
Dinner and FHE with the Pecks, which was great...as it always is! I just love them so much!

Tuesday:
Sister Paradis is a hoot and the Spirit is so strong every time we teach her! I love love love her! The best part is, she committed to church on Sunday! Woohoo! So stoked!

We also had a lesson with the Goforths and that was crazy! I always feel like I'm around my siblings when I'm there because their kids are all around the age of my siblings. It's bittersweet, but makes for some very interesting experiences.

Wednesday:
Ryann is the funniest little girl I've ever met! She's getting baptized today (as in Monday) and I love her! She's so funny and our lessons with her teach her what she needs to know while also keeping us on our toes. It's great!

It's been a busy day with trying to get ahold of less actives. This mission is most definitely a reactivation mission, which is kind of nice. Definitely a good preparation for Brazil!

Thursday:
We met a less-active's son and he's now a potential! So stoked! He's so sweet and seemed pretty genuinely interested in what we were sharing. When that light comes on in someone's eye, that's what people talk about when they say one yes makes up for all the no's we get. It's so true and I see it more and more each day.

Nancy is going to pray about a specific baptismal date! I'm so excited! I love her and I can't wit for her to get baptized! I, unfortunately, will not be here to see it, but I'm sure I'll get pictures.

Also, my language isn't as far gone as I thought! Happy day! I can still pray in português  and somewhat teach lessons. Yay!

We met a new potential today! He lives in the home where a less-active used to live and we tried to contact her, but met him instead! We have a return appointment and I'm stoked to teach him and his family!

Friday:
We have a new investigator! Her name is Sydney and she's so prepared it's not even funny! We showed her and her mom Because He Lives and we tied it into eternal families and she was all sorts of ready for us to just sit down right then and there to teach her everything! I'm so excited! We've been working on her since before Sister Craig got here
and now she's an investigator! Ahh!

We also taught Ryann and that was pretty great! And I got language study! That's a miracle in an of itself!

Saturday:
We did service in the morning with the Cooks and it was fun! I love that family so much!

Greatest part of the day had to be Aaron's lesson. I decided that I was going to try not talking a ton and just listen to the Spirit to know what Aaron's needs are and what I need to say to address those needs. Holy cow! I was crying by the end of the lesson! Bearing my testimony at the end of the lesson was so emotional because I could honestly say that I knew the things that I was saying were true and it wasn't just me saying something that loosely related to the lesson. Oh my goodness, it was incredible! The Spirit is given to us to confirm truth, even if it's the words that we are saying that need to be confirmed to us. I see more and more everyday how much of a blessing the Holy Ghost is in my life and those around me who are blessed to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I love it! The Holy Ghost truly is a comforter and teacher. I know that and am so grateful for it.


Sunday:
We survived teaching primary! #winning

Nothing too miraculous happened today, but it was still great!

I love being a missionary and I love the work! There is nothing better I could be doing with my time right now. I know that without a shadow of  a doubt!

Well, time is almost up!

Amo sempre,
Sister Mackey



----------
From the keeper of this blog -
Here are this week's interpretations, clarifications, explanations...

RE: Tuesday
"Sister Paradis is a hoot and the Spirit is so strong every time we teach her! I love love love her! The best part is, she committed to church on Sunday!"

I am pretty sure that from the way Kayla talks about Sister Paradis that she is a less-active member whom they have invited to church and she's accepted the invitation. It is pretty exciting when that happens.

RE: Wednesday
"Ryann is the funniest little girl I've ever met! She's getting baptized today (as in Monday) and I love her! She's so funny and our lessons with her teach her what she needs to know while also keeping us on our toes."

Kayla first mentioned Ryann in last week's blog entry -
"Our investigator, Ryann, has a baptismal date for next Monday and her interview was Wednesday! It went so well and I'm so happy! She's the daughter of a member in our ward and I'm stoked to be teaching her. She's great! Her mom is great! Their family is great! It's all, well, GREAT!"

Kayla and her companion are teaching Ryann, a member's daughter, because she is likely 8 years old. Gospel doctrine is clear that one must be able to understand the basics of the gospel and then choose to be baptized and join the church. At 8, children are old enough to be taught the gospel and make their own choice, hence, Kayla and her companion are teaching Ryann to help her understand the covenants and commitments she's making when she's baptized. Many different baptismal practices exist in the world, the following explains ours:


RE: Friday


RE: Sunday
"We survived teaching primary!"

I've included below a definition of what primary is. Also, a link to where I found the entry which describes the entire organizational structure of the church.

Primary
Children ages 18 months to 11 years belong to the Primary organization. Its purpose is to help children learn and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ and prepare to make and keep sacred covenants. Children attend Primary classes for two hours each Sunday while their parents participate in other Church meetings. Children also participate in regularly held activity days, which provide them with opportunities to interact with each other; have wholesome fun in physical, creative, cultural, and service activities; and participate in a program called Faith in God, which helps them live gospel principles and develop testimonies.

How the church is organized

RE: Amo Sempre, Sister Mackey
A nickname Kayla has acquired and obviously likes!

Hope all is well where you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment