Tuesday, February 2, 2016

“I’m Melting…!”

February 1, 2016

So while a whole ton of people are buried by snow in the states at the moment, I'm melting in the Brazilian heat. The bottoms of my shoes are literally melting from the heat. I wanted to go home with cute shoes, but I'm not sure anything is going to survive hahaha! #vidamissionária

So, this week was interesting. And yes, I'm actually going to have time to explain a little bit of my week today! #milagre

Anyway, this week my companion and I discovered how to work really well as a trio. Our third being the Holy Ghost of course. Ready for this lovely story?

So, anyone who knows me knows that I'm almost always hungry and I have some of the most random cravings. This week, my true self showed and made me realize I'm not allowed to abandon my old ways quite yet. We have a bairro that is more than an hour's walk from our apartment and all of our investigators are in said bairro. Well, we were there on Friday and more than anything I wanted a sonho. A sonho is like a doughnut  filled with doce de leite, chocolate, or creme. It's a dream come true! (That's a lot funnier and more ironic for those of you who speak Portuguese...awkward)  Well, I told Sister Justino that I really wanted a sonho and we went on a wild goose chase looking for the stinking thing. We went into every padaria looking and found nothing. Well, after walking who knows how far, I decided it wasn't even worth it and we turned back. My companion was laughing because I gave up so easily, but we had to work! What's even better is that we started to work, but our curiosidade took over and we decided to start knocking the doors that the Jehovah's Witnesses knocked about 5-10  minutes before. The first door we knocked  we found uma eleita! She told us that she was more than happy to pray about the message we left with her , but that she already knew, without a doubt, that it was true! Power of the Restoration! I'm still in shock! Also, she accepted baptism! Woohoo!

That was my miracle for the week and I'm so stinking excited! I love this work, I love being in Brasil (even if I'm melting), and I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

I love you all and hope you all have a happy start to February!

Amo Sempre,

Sister McEldowney

No comments:

Post a Comment