Sunday, April 19, 2015

Saying Goodbye Again

Well, I leave the MTC on Monday and this week has been absolutely insane!

Guess it's time for my weekly update...3 days early.

Tuesday:
#lasttempletuesday

Talk about a bittersweet day! Last time doing a temple session for who knows how long! Also my last time going to the temple with my lovely zone. I have seriously gotten to close to these people over the past 5 weeks or so and saying goodbye has been devastating! I know that we're all doing what the Lord needs us to do though!

We also had devotional with Elder Zwick (Member of the Quorum of Seventy)! He talked all about the Atonement and the Spirit was so strong! I couldn't look away...except to write notes haha!

The Atonement has been on my mind a lot lately and I'm so grateful that often times devotionals are about exactly what I need to hear. Talk about the Holy Ghost being the true teacher!

Wednesday:
IT SNOWED AGAIN! What the what?!?! Dumb, bi-polar weather! We even hosted in the snow again. Talk about a rough 2 hours.

Even though it was freezing, it was really fun! We really enjoyed it and were so grateful for the opportunity to help get those new missionaries where they needed to be.

So, I got temporarily reassigned! Until my visa comes, I will be serving in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission! Can you believe it?! My mission includes New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Massachusetts! Crazy! I'm actually really excited.

I'm so bummed though because my companion/other half is going to the other side of the country! I'm going to miss her so much, but I know that she will do great things in the California Riverside Mission! Good luck Sister Aston! We'll definitely be reunited in Santos before we know it!

Oh, and Sister Aston and I have officially decided that Alma 17: 13, 17, 18 (The Book of Mormon) are our scriptures.

Thursday:
We had In-Field Orientation and it was not as bad as I thought it would be! My district definitely knows how to make the best of a bad situation. Let me tell you, sitting in a room for 9 hours learning what my teachers have been teaching me for 6 weeks is not a fun situation haha! Ainda, tuda bem!

I also met Brother Christiansen! He was one of the missionaries from The District 2 and apparently he did splits in the Bostonia Ward (the ward Kayla attends in California) a few times! What the what?! So crazy!

Last thing: We practiced street contacting with the new district! We are officially old timers in terms of the MTC now. We are the senior group! Ahh!

Friday:
Last Sesta-Festa! So crazy! 

We had an amazing last TRC Skype lesson!

Tambem, we talked about miracles in class! Read Alma 13:23 and Mormon 7. God is a god of miracles! Miracles have not ceased and I am so grateful for that knowledge! 

Saturday:
We sang our farewell song for both of our teachers. Dia triste! 

Irmao Staples and our district also had a very spiritual morning. We talked a little bit about everything, but he said something that really stuck out to me. "We are all beggars. We need His mercy; we need His love." It's so true! There is no way that without His mercy and love, that we could ever return to live with our Father in Heaven. God sent His son because He loves us. He sent His son because He knew that would be the only way for us to return to His presence. God is our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is His son.

I had to say goodbye to our teachers today. I seriously bawled. For the last 6 weeks, we have shared our lives with these people and I love them so much. I say it a lot, but I forget how easy it is to get close to someone in such a short amount of time! I'll definitely keep in touch with them though!

Anyway, I head out on Monday, so I'm not sure when I'll write again, but ate logo! 

Love you all!!

Amo Sempre, 
Sister McEldowney

From the keeper of this blog -

RE: Wednesday

These verses are about a group of missionaries who wanted to teach a group of people known as the Lamanites. The Lamanites did not believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ and at the time hated the missionaries' people -

13 And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken.

17 Therefore they separated themselves one from another, and went forth among them, every man alone, according to the word and power of God which was given unto him.

18 Now Ammon being the chief among them, or rather he did administer unto them, and he departed from them, after having blessed them according to their several stations, having imparted the word of God unto them, or administered unto them before his departure; and thus they took their several journeys throughout the land.
----------
RE: Thursday - The District 2

The District is a reality tv show on BYU-TV and is comprised of "video segments [that] show real missionaries, members, and investigators in non-scripted, unrehearsed, actual missionary situations." (https://www.lds.org/callings/missionary/the-district?lang=eng) The District 1 was filmed in the California San Diego Mission.
---------
RE: Friday - Read Alma 13:23 and Mormon 7
Here's the link - The Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment