Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Love To See The Temple, I Went Inside Today- January 3,2015

Along with the excitement of getting your mission call, every future missionary has the opportunity to go to the temple. (For those who have questions about what the temple is used for, follow this link: http://www.mormon.org/faq/topic/temples/question/use-of-temples)

For most members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, going to the temple is a major milestone and goal we are constantly striving for. For me, I've known since I got baptized that someday I would go inside. When I began preparing for my mission, I knew that one of the steps I would take would be going to the temple. Working on my missionary recommendation, I was almost more excited about the temple than I was about knowing where I would be spending 18 months of my life!

The Reno, Nevada Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints. This is the temple I had the opportunity to
receive my endowments in.
Photo Courtesy of lds.org 
I will always remember January 3, 2015. I could barely sleep the night before. I woke up with more excitement and energy than I had had in months and wanted it to be noon already so that I could be on my way to the temple!

To say that my day went perfectly would be a huge lie. I lost two of my bobby pins (those are really important, especially considering how thick my hair is), I had a cut on my forehead that just did not want to hide behind my make-up, we got lost trying to find the babysitter's house for my youngest sibling, and I was late! For those of you who know me, I hate being late. Luckily, it was only 15 minutes late and everything was still fine. Even with all the little struggles I had (and man, the struggle was real!), I was so at peace when I walked through the doors of the temple.When all was said and done, I was so grateful for the opportunity to go through the temple and make sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father.
Temple day!

I know that the temple is the House of the Lord. I love how strongly I can feel the Spirit there. I will always live in a way that will allow me to enter the temple because I know that it is the only place on earth that I can feel as close to God as I did the first time I went to the temple. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so grateful for my family and the constant love and support they show me. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with people in my life who care about me and who continue to help me develop into the woman He needs me to be.

I love you all and can't wait to share my experiences with you as I go through this great time in my life!

Love always,
Sister McEldowney

No comments:

Post a Comment