Monday, August 22, 2016

The Final Chapter

The final chapter has come to an end. My last transfer has officially ended and I'm closing the book. Ask me if it feels real. Because it doesn't. In moments here and there, it has hit me, but I don't think it will feel real until I'm getting off the plane.

In true missionary fashion, I'm going to end my last email in the mission with my testimony.

I was reflecting a lot recently about my time as a missionary. Eighteen months have flown by, but I'm extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ. In that time, I've noticed a huge change in myself. That change is something that has only happened because of my time as a missionary.

I know the power that missions have and am truly grateful for everything I've passed through: both the good and bad. I will never regret serving my mission and will be eternally grateful for the life lessons I've learned.

"You'll never regret serving a mission, but you might regret not serving one."

I testify of the validity of that statement.

I love you all!

And, for the last time,
Amo Sempre,
Sister McEldowney

No comments:

Post a Comment