Monday, October 12, 2015

It Came and Went

From the keeper of this blog -

I can't believe I missed posting this. Sorry everyone! Without further ado...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you believe conference is already over?! Minha nossa! That was the fastest weekend of my life!

Really though, General Conference is the best! I was like a little kid at Christmas this entire last week. Every day I woke up with a countdown to conference. Thursday morning I even woke up counting down the hours! What can I say? Hearing from the living prophet is a huge deal!

Because I'm going to continue with my fan-girl rant for this entire email, I hope you all accept it and keep reading! But first, if you haven't watched conference yet, what are you waiting for?!


No excuse now! The link is right there!

Anyway, I loved all of conference, but three talks stuck out to me in particular.

1. Elder Robert D. Hales
"None of us marry perfect, we marry potential." I loved that! Our goal is to be perfect, but we wouldn't be on the earth if we already were. Heavenly Father sees our divine potential and it is important that we see whoever me marry in that same light.

2. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
"No love in mortality comes closer to Christ's love than that of a selfless, dedicated, mother." Pure perfection! Seriously, this talk left me speechless.

3. Elder Russell M. Nelson
"The kingdom of God is not and cannot be complete without women who make sacred covenants and then keep them." This entire talk was just great and gave me new aspirations!

Quick side note: Elder Kim B. Clark spoke during conference! That man is powerful! I remember hearing him speak when he was President of BYU-Idaho and thinking "wow! He'll probably be an apostle one day." He's now a member of the Quorum of the Seventy! The Spirit is so strong in his presence and in his speech. Secondary fan-girl rant over.

Anyway, General Conference is great! Every question I had was answered and I'm grateful that we have such wonderful men who lead this church through revelation they receive. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints truly is Christ's church on the earth today and I'm so grateful for this knowledge.

Amo Sempre,
Sister McEldowney

No comments:

Post a Comment