Thursday, August 27, 2015

Fixing My Illiteracy and Learning a New Area

Before we get into the meat of this week, I need to fix some things from weeks past and fix what seems to be illiteracy for Sister McEldowney here.

1. I did not eat a brigadeiro and moreno. I ate a cupcake with brigadeiro and morango! Moreno means brunette and morango is strawberry. I don't always pay attention to what I write, but I do know the difference.

2. I'm not serving in Pontal da Praia, I'm serving in Ponta da Praia. That was just a slip of the finger. It's that whole typing fast on different keyboards thing.

Ok, I think those are the only glaring issues.

As for this week:

Monday
TRANSFERS! I'm now serving in Santos in the Ponta da Praia Ward! I had to travel for 5 hours by bus to get here and was a solo missionary for a bit trying to get to my companion, but I made it!

Tuesday
Lunch fell through, then it didn't! #miracle

Wednesday
I saw Sister Aston! Serving so close to her area makes surprise visits a whole heck of a lot easier!

Also, we work like there's no tomorrow and it's awesome!

Oh yeah, my companion is Sister Henrique Lima. She's from Alagoas and she's awesome!

Thursday
We had some intense wind and rain and it was making the waves hit the rocks and jump the barrier. Well, we were walking down the boardwalk and this guy got totally soaked! We just about died laughing!

Friday
We had reunião de districto and it was great! I learned how to invite people to be baptized in the first lesson and during a contact. It was grand! Also, I ran into Sister Aston on the street and it was great!

Saturday
We met a super solid investigator that the elders left for us. His name is Ian and we committed him to baptism and put him on date. I'm pretty stoked! #batismo
We were on a role with meeting people today and just working our hardest! I love being a missionary!

Sunday
I'M SERVING IN A WARD! No one has any idea how much of a blessing that is for me. I was almost crying when we walked into sacrament meeting and we had more than 20 people! Also, there were young men passing the sacrament and more than 2 people in Gospel Principles! I'm in heaven. For those people either serving in a ward or living in one, DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! I have a new appreciation for wards!

Alright, no time left!

Love you all!

Amo sempre,
Sister McEldowney

--------------------------------------------------------------

São Sebastião at night!

Reunited!

Mission!

São Sebastião Sisters! Last District Meeting!

Beach!

New companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment