Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Love I Didn't Know I Had

I love Brasil so much! Every passing day gives me something new to love! Whether it be the crazy and wonderful sisters I live with, the incredibly spiritual experiences, the pure beauty, the kindness of people, the interesting stories, EVERYTHING! I seriously feel so blessed to be serving in such a great place! Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed when He assigned me to serve in Missão Brasil Santos! I love it here!

Alright, I have very little time and am writing in an Internet House where I can't send pictures, so I apologize in advance. I'll make up for it next week though (:

Monday:
Nothing really happened. I colored, so that was cool. Also, I talked to a lot of people, but I do that every day.

Tuesday:
We have an investigator, Lourdes, who is the mother of a menos ativo (less active member) and she is so solid! She asked us for her own copy of O Livro de Mórmon and is so stinking excited to have us come teach her! I love her tons!

We also went to acompanhar (follow up) André e Flávia (who are our 2 other solid investigators) and when we got there, they told us they hadn't read O Livro de Mórmon lately and so Sister McEldowney here got to use everything she's been learning the past 5 months and I asked them if we could read with them. They said yes! Woohoo! That's not even the most exciting part! I INTRODUCED THE SCRIPTURE, READ, AND APPLIED IT TO THEIR LIFE!!!! IRA was applied in my missionary life and in português too! Life is so grand!

Wednesday:
Reunião de districto (district meeting)! I love them so much! My district is awesome! It's even better because I speak enough now that I can participate, and laugh when someone says something funny. I never thought I'd be so excited to hear someone's really cheesy missionary humor! I've hit that point though.

Thursday:
I had to go to Santos and I made it safely. Guess what else? I WAS REUNITED WITH SISTER ASTON FOR A NIGHT! Sister McEldowney heaven! Pictures will follow next week.

Friday:
I'm now officially in Brasil legally! After spending all day in Santos at the Federal Police station I am legal and very pleased with life! Woohoo! 

Saturday:
Lourdes made us um bolo de brigadeiro e moreno (a chocolate cake, I think). Heaven again! She also committed to read more than we left and go to church!

Sunday:
Lourdes came to church! We did weekly planning too so nothing new to report for Sunday.

I love you all and have no time left!

Have a wonderful week!

Amo sempre,
Sister McEldowney

No comments:

Post a Comment