Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Face to Face with Kayla

The sisters in my apartment have started what they call "Face to Face with Kayla" as a way to reflect on my mission. This week had some interesting questions. The most interesting was this: How do you feel now that you're so close to going home? Here's my response.

It's bittersweet. I never had a huge desire to serve, but knew that I needed to because it was part of Heavenly Father's plan for me. As I've served, I've come to truly love this work. I love being a missionary. Is it hard? Of course! Is it tiring? Without a doubt! Is it worth it? Absolutely. I've changed because of my mission and can truly say that I have all the resources I need to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I miss my family and friends a lot and I'm excited to see everyone and relax a little bit, but I'm going to miss my mission. 

You'll never regret serving a mission, but you might regret not serving one. I know I would regret things if I hadn't chosen to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and serve.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister McEldowney

Riveria!!!


I'm going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment